Friday, February 26, 2010


Hid behind the stairs with wet eyes
From the cane and angry father
Tears rolled out in fear and anxiety
Shivered under the darkness inside
In no time he took me out of hiding
But With a smile and gave me a hug

Decided I will never be a coward
Face life with my chin up
Those words he told helped me
Never to go back under the stairs
Always stood up and climbed the steps

Until today, I'm back under the stairs
Decades later I'm back to who I was
The same scent of darkness even now
Tears flowing down,my broken dreams
Shivering from the cold shattered hopes
Ashamed,I never thought Id be back
Hiding like a coward from the world
Under the stairs amid dust and darkness
I am sitting just as I sat at six
Now all grown up,still an helpless coward...
--Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment